Transfer tape is not just for vinyl!!! You can use it to make stencils for painting. I have a quick video showing you how to use the transfer tape as a stencil. You will have to excuse the videographer though, my 8 year old really wanted to help, so its a little shaky!! Below I will give you a quick step by step, including the products that I used to make this sign.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
- Wood sign – I got mine from Jo Anns but you can get one here as well: http://amzn.to/2pojfWI
- Transfer tape – This is what I use and I absolutely love it!!!: http://amzn.to/2G9CUUL
- Paint – I used green because it was a St Patty’s Day craft, but you could use any color.
- Silhouette Cameo – This is to actually make the stencil. You can get one here: http://amzn.to/2u104YG
- Create your design in the silhouette design software.
- Cut your transfer tape to the desired size and then use your Silhouette Cameo to cut out the design.
- Place your transfer tape onto your medium, mine was a plank sign.
- Paint over your stencil.
- Wait just a few minutes and then remove the stencil and you are done! Watch the video below to see the steps in action.
Here is what your finished product might look like: